Teaching Assistants at Grovespring Farm
Teaching Assistants are student volunteers who help with lessons. In order to become a teaching assistant a student must demonstrate that they:
- Can catch, groom and tack a horse correctly, following the procedure we use here at Grovespring.
- Can adjust stirrups, mount and dismount properly.
- Know and can demonstrate the correct aids on the elementary level.
- Know and use basic trail safety.
- Teaching Assistants must pass the ANRC introductory level program ride and be working toward the novice level ride.